Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we'll protect the information you share with us to protect your privacy.
AUSXIP adheres to the following guidelines:
- Information about donations to Starship Foundation (NZ) is handled with respect and confidentiality and, at a minimum, to the extent provided by law
- Some supporters prefer anonymity. We will respect the wishes of supporters who prefer their gift to remain confidential.
- The personal information members provide when making a donation or paying for an auction item will be protected by AUSXIP and the Starship Foundation, and AUSXIP only discloses such contact information to Starship Foundation to fascilitate payment and co-ordinate shipping.
What information we collect
AUSXIP collects and uses personal information from members including: addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, dates of birth, donation dates/amounts. Specific requests made by members are recorded; for example, requests to not be contacted via phone. AUSXIP does track IP addresses for security purposes and website statistics for research purposes only to further develop our website(s).
How we collect the information
- When winning bids are made, we contact the Starship Foundation with the details provided by the member as recorded in our database.
How we use that information
AUSXIP collects or obtains personal information for the following purposes:
- To distribute receipts for winning bids;
- To thank members for their donation and send acknowledgement letters;
- To inform members about upcoming fundraising activities, events, presentations and other activities
- Internal analysis and record keeping;
- Direct communications including mailings and e-mails, to update on fundraising activities, ask for support with fundraising activities, surveys etc;
AUSXIP will use and disclose supporters' personal information only for these purposes or as otherwise authorised by the supporter or required by law.
How we store that information
Access and Correction of Information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to access and request a correction to your personal information. To ensure that your recorded personal information is accurate and up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible through the following contact methods:
Or write to:
Po Box M4
Camperdown NSW 2050
Notification of Changes
Last updated April 2018